Senior Software Engineer
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it is heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is now fabric of daily life of millions of riders and driver partners around the world.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
If you are excited about fundamentally re-imagining transportation for the emerging world, impacting the lives of millions of people, working with and learning from a phenomenal team of product, engineering, operations, and business leaders, this is the role for you. In this role you will be a part of a team with a goal of simplifying and enabling vehicle ownership for anyone who wants to make money via Uber platform.
About the team: Vehicle Solutions
The Vehicle Solutions team in Bangalore is presently focused on vehicle lifecycle management and is building a platform that will allow us to track, manage, and optimize the vehicle fleets of our internal and external partners. Telematics is a key component of this vision. Towards this we have developed a platform to ingest, store and analyze telematics data (from 3rd party GPS devices and vehicle sensors) in real-time to help prevent vehicle theft, track vehicle mileage utilization, prevent multi-apping, promote standard maintenance compliance, identify unsafe driving behavior to reduce insurance costs, reduce reassignment turn time etc. We're also building a comprehensive maintenance platform to help manage and optimize vehicle depreciation and operational costs (and thereby achieve neutral to positive net margin while offering attractive lease / rental prices to drivers).
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team
What you'll need
- At least 6 years of experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native Java applications
- Excellent coding abilities. You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language preferably Golang, Python or Java, and of OOP patterns.
- Experience with programming tools (e.g. version control).
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant services that would support our unique rate-of-growth requirements.
- In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network protocols, cache, etc.) and how they impact the performance and reliability of your application.
- Ability to keep yourself up-to-date with the latest technological trends.
- Being committed to quality, performance, and efficiency.
- Being able to thrive in a fast and growing environment where all hands are on deck, and consider no obstacle too big or too small.
- A github account with some neat projects in it
- Excellent debugging skills
- Employees are given Free and Discounted Uber credits every month.
- Free daily catered breakfast and lunch, free snacks.
- Gym and mobile phone reimbursement
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top