Senior Security Engineer, Autonomous Vehicle Infrastructure Security - PIT
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber's Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users - riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.
We are seeking a skilled security engineer to join our Security team at Uber Advanced Technologies Center in Pittsburgh. This Senior Security Engineer will dig into the problems unique to the Advanced Technologies Center, helping secure everything from the corporate network to the production computation environment.
Who you are
You immerse yourself in all aspects of security. You are looking for an opportunity that will try your technical skills and challenge your creativity. You are ready to face a wide range of security questions, many of which have not been considered before. Production servers, networks, endpoint devices, and data are safe in your hands. You are a subject matter expert who wants to implement tactical solutions and contribute to the bigger picture.
What you'll do
- You'll be tasked with improving security across all aspects of the Uber Advanced Technologies Center. This infrastructure will run complex new services and it will operate at significant scale. You will be challenged every day.
- Engage closely with multiple teams and service owners
- Provide security expertise and guidance across all aspects of the infrastructure
- Build solutions to complex security problems
- Partner with the autonomous car security team and other teams
- Support all aspects of the Uber Advanced Technologies Center
What you'll need
- At least 5 years hands-on security experience
- Detailed knowledge of information security, infrastructure operations, and software engineering
- Experience with operating systems internals and hardening
- Excellent programming skills in languages like Python, Go, C, and Java
- Thorough understanding of authentication, authorization, and directory services
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience developing new and/or advanced technical solutions
- Experience with large scale infrastructure deployments
- Understanding of and experience with the automotive industry
- Knowledge of autonomy research
- Entrepreneurial aptitude and/or experience
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top