Senior Security Engineer, Autonomous Vehicle Infrastructure Security - PIT
Uber’s Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users – riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.
We are seeking a talented security engineer to join our Security team at Uber Advanced Technologies Center in Pittsburgh. This Senior Security Engineer will dive head first into the problems unique to the Advanced Technologies Center, helping secure everything from the corporate network to the production computation environment.
WHO YOU ARE
You immerse yourself in all aspects of security. You are looking for an opportunity that will try your technical skills and challenge your creativity. You are ready to face a wide range of security questions, many of which have not been considered before. Production servers, networks, endpoint devices, and data are safe in your hands. You are a subject matter expert who wants to implement tactical solutions and contribute to the bigger picture.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You’ll be tasked with improving security across all aspects of the Uber Advanced Technologies Center. This infrastructure will run complex new services and it will operate at significant scale. You will be challenged every day.
- Engage directly with multiple teams and service owners
- Provide security expertise and guidance across all aspects of the infrastructure
- Build solutions to complex security problems
- Partner with the autonomous car security team and other teams
- Support all aspects of the Uber Advanced Technologies Center
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years hands-on security experience
- Detailed knowledge of information security, infrastructure operations, and software engineering
- Experience with operating systems internals and hardening
- Top quality programming skills in languages like Python, Go, C, and Java
- Solid understanding of authentication, authorization, and directory services
- Strong communications skills
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience developing new and/or advanced technical solutions
- Experience with large scale infrastructure deployments
- Understanding of and experience with the automotive industry
- Knowledge of autonomy research
- Entrepreneurial aptitude and/or experience
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top