Senior Risk Manager, MEA
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We are currently searching for a Senior Risk Manager for Middle East Africa to join the Uber Insurance Team and support efforts across the EMEA region.
We are not a traditional corporate insurance department - we have in-house actuaries, legal, regulatory and product development resources.
Do you want to bring your expertise to Uber? Read on...
What you'll do:
Reporting to the EMEA Head of Insurance, you will:
- Manage purchase of bespoke new and renewal insurance programs for Uber
- Establish & maintain carrier relationships
- Oversee EMEA Insurance program administration & planning
- Work with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and implement plans to improve program performance & value
- Support local country operations teams on claims, public policy and risk mitigation.
What you'll need:
- 7+ years of Insurance industry experience
- Demonstrated successful track record and expertise in a Brokerage, Risk Management or Sr. Underwriting role
- Relevant MEA experience and carrier relationships with an emphasis on casualty insurance.
- Exposure to a range of disciplines including underwriting, placement, product design, business development, insurance administration & Claims
- Experience developing new insurance products & programs
- Possess excellent business judgment, executive presence, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Arabic is a plus
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top