Senior Risk Data Analyst
Uber is at the forefront of one of the most exciting marketplace challenges as the world rapidly evolves from desktop to on-demand mobile commerce. Our ability to effectively manage risk in this environment is key to our ongoing success and allows the company to make bold bets while maintaining a delightful and painless user experience. It’s our job to think about this so that our riders and drivers don’t have to.
We are looking for talented data analysts to join our team. This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing business and fast growing team. We are pioneering new techniques everyday to detect and counter bad actors all over the world who are constantly adapting and discovering new ways to abuse our platform. You will be working alongside best in industry data scientists and engineers, to solve very challenging risk problems.
You will be responsible to:
- Analyze rich user and transaction data to drive business decisions
- Develop strategy and analytical rules to effectively mitigate risk
- Design optimal risk actions that balances the need of risk and experience
- Work with operation team in various regions and cities to define risk policy and processes
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- A master degree or equivalent in quantitative fields, statistics, math, computer science, operation research, engineering or related disciplines.
- 3+ years of experience as a data analyst in a high tech company.
- Knowledge in programming using R, Python and basic modeling techniques, decision tree, logistics regression.
- Experience in handle large scale, unstructured data such as Hadoop. Expertise in SQL as well ability to do more advance data programming using Hive, Pig, Spark etc.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a bias toward action and a get things done attitude
- Team player mindset that takes ownership for a collective outcome and helps others along the way
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-moving environment and independently make decisions or take risks with incomplete information
- User-focused – obsessed with customer experience, you were unwilling to make your problems your users’ problems.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top