Senior Risk Analyst - Fraud, Abuse, and Security
Uber’s Risk Team is at the forefront of one of the world’s biggest challenges. Every day we process millions of mobile transactions in over 75 different countries, while also issuing driver-partner payouts on weekly, and in some cases, daily basis. As we grow and rapidly expand our transaction base across emerging products, we face new and interesting situations that many companies have never encountered. Our goal is to deliver innovative risk management in the two-sided marketplace to maximize legitimate revenue and sustainable growth.
This is a fast-paced, hands-on role for an experienced fraud or risk professional who can successfully manage large projects across product, engineering, data science, finance, security, and operations stakeholders in a complex environment. As an owner of key loss metrics, you should have the analytics experience, intellectual curiosity, and resourcefulness to identify, measure, and mitigate new and emerging loss vectors. In this role, you will serve as the global subject matter expert and thought leader on techniques that mitigate risk of financial losses while also maintaining a positive user experience and enabling Uber to continue making big bold bets.
What You’ll Do
- Establish a Foundation by designing, coordinating, and implementing Uber’s framework for mitigating the risk of fraud and financial abuse across riders, drivers, merchants, and affiliates
- Build Our Business Strategy by collaborating with product and engineering teams to define product roadmaps and strategy, while designing solutions that prevent, detect, or action against fraudulent or suspicious user behavior
- Deep Dive into Data through systematic and ad hoc analyses that identify root causes of loss segments and estimate the impact of new products and processes
- Analyze and Design Rules that introduce appropriate amounts of friction for suspicious Uber users based on high risk user characteristics and machine learning models
- Communicate Results on a regular basis to stakeholders around the world, including executive leadership
- Execute on Projects by implementing policy proposals, developing the user support experience, and coordinating work across teams to deliver on short- and long-term risk, fraud, and payments efforts
What We’re Looking For In You
- 3+ years experience in risk management, payments, fraud, or a related role. Experience with merchant, seller, or publisher fraud a plus.
- Quantitative background in statistics, math, computer science, business, or related disciplines
- Strong analytical skillset and experience with analytics tools (Excel, SQL, R, Python, Tableau, and other statistical or data analysis packages)
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a bias toward action and a get things done attitude
- Team player mindset that takes ownership for a collective outcome and helps others along the way
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-moving environment and independently make decisions or take risks with incomplete information
- Experience leading a team a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top