Senior Retail Operations Manager - South Cone
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Senior Greenlight Manager oversees and maximizes the performance of the South Cone Region, that comprises Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. To accomplish this, you'll implement standard operating procedures for onboarding and engagement, and you'll lead the team to innovate tomorrow's new best practices. You'll assist with the finances and people operations of our in person driver-partner support locations (Greenlights) in your region. You will maximize the return on investment for our centers at a regional level.
You'll also keep in close touch with a wide array of stakeholders within your region and the Regional Retail Operations Managers to communicate business objectives and align priorities, making sure everyone is moving fast in the right direction.
Your leadership will instill inspiration and confidence throughout our in person driver-partner support locations in your territory, bringing groups throughout the region together as a single team focused on building competitive advantage by growing and strengthening our driver network.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do
- Owning the success metrics for supply growth and operational SLAs, business targets, and financial performance of the supports centers throughout the region
- Optimize the support centers in your region based on needs for supply growth and engagement of our driver-partners
- Assist with hiring and training Retail Operations Managers, Supervisors, and agents
- Collecting and reporting on regional performance data, with a particular emphasis on trend identification and actionable insights
- Working with General Managers, City Teams, Regional Teams, Facilities, and other stakeholders to manage space planning, budget and headcount
- Maintain consistency of operational efficiency and Partner experience at every Greenlight Location in your region
What you'll need
- 4 + years of operations management, retail management, or support management experience but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- 2 + years of operational people management, preferably in a start up capacity
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly
- Determined - You have no problem getting your hands dirty and doing the gritty work that comes along with the higher-level thinking
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- A leader - You lead by example and have experience empowering a team to execute under pressure and tight deadlines
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get it done attitude
- Team work – You expertly manage relationships with partners, influencers, and co-workers
- Flexible and forward thinking - We need someone sharp and eager to play with different models to help us scale
About the Team
Uber's Global Greenlight Program team is part of the Global Community Operations team. They implement strategy, planning, innovation, and business development for the company's global network of Uber Greenlight locations, our in-person locations that serve drivers.
It's an extremely rewarding and challenging team to work on because Uber Greenlight locations are the face of Uber for driver-partners, and our operations are essential for Uber's growth around the globe.
Back to top