Senior Retail Operations Manager, Greenlight (DC)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Uber Greenlight Locations help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and serve as a logistics hub for the city.
We implement strategy, planning, innovation, and business development for Uber's global network of Uber Greenlight Locations, which are one of the company's key growth channels for getting drivers on the road and keeping them engaged with Uber.
It's an extremely rewarding and challenging team to work on because Uber Greenlight Locations are the face of Uber for driver-partners, and our operations are essential for Uber's growth around the globe.
The Senior Retail Operations Manager oversees and maximizes the performance of all GLs in the DMV and Carolinas area. To accomplish this, you'll implement standard operating procedures for onboarding and engagement, and you'll lead the team to innovate tomorrow's new best practices. You'll assist with the finances and people operations of the GLs in your region. You will maximize the return on investment for GLs at a regional level.
You'll also keep in close touch with a wide array of stakeholders within your region and the Regional Greenlight Manager to communicate business objectives and align priorities, making sure everyone is moving fast in the right direction.
Your leadership will instill inspiration and confidence throughout the GLs in your territory, bringing groups throughout the region together as a single team focused on building competitive advantage by growing and strengthening our driver network.
What you'll do
- Owning the success metrics for supply growth and operational SLAs, business targets, and financial performance of GLs throughout the region
- Optimize GLs in your region based on needs for supply growth and engagement of our driver-partners
- Assist with hiring and training GLs Managers, Supervisors, and Uber Experts
- Collecting and reporting on regional performance data, with a particular emphasis on trend identification and actionable insights
- Working with General Managers, City Teams, Regional Teams, Facilities, and other stakeholders to manage space planning, budget and headcount
- Maintain consistency of operational efficiency and Partner experience at every Greenlight Location in your region
What you'll need
- At least 4 years of operations management, retail management, or support management experience
- At least 2 years of operational people management, preferably in a start up capacity
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly
- Determined - You have no problem getting your hands dirty and doing the gritty work that comes along with the higher-level thinking
- A leader - You lead by example and have experience empowering a team to execute under pressure and tight deadlines
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get it done attitude
- High Emotional IQ – You expertly manage relationships with partners, influencers, and co-workers
- Flexible and forward thinking - We need someone sharp and eager to play with different models to help us scale
Bonus points if (optional)
- MBA degree preferred
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top