Senior Recruiter - Philippines
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
Our Filipino recruiters must be passionate about their city, converse fluently in Tagalog and able to find the diamonds in the rough.
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, and loves solving people problems. We need someone who can thrive in a startup culture, and adapt to the changing needs of the business as we scale. This role is all about bringing on the smartest folks, maintaining our culture as we grow crazy fast, and putting process in place to keep it moving.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be tasked with supporting our hiring managers, building rad teams and partnering with our existing shop. You’ll also:
- Work closely with hiring managers to execute to hiring goals and targets
- Constantly improve recruiting processes
- Be knowledgeable about our business and why people should work here
- Spread the UberLOVE through attending networking events, e-meetups, etc.
- Constantly improve upon existing programs and develop innovative strategy around finding top talent
- Keep ‘em warm! Manage the existing pipeline of candidates and identify what future opportunities they may be a fit for
- Self-driven and self-aware. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily… thousands of Uber applicants each month? No prob!
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things
- Obsessive about candidate experience. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You’re respectful of the candidate and the stressful process a job hunt can be
- Fun. You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues
- A utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 5 to 10+ years’ experience, preferably in-house (with available metrics to back up how great you are)
- Successful experience recruiting in a fast paced and high volume environment in Tagalog and English
- History of collaborating successfully with senior managers and business leaders
- Experience working on a variety of roles/levels
- Solid understanding of our vision, business model and operations
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart recruiting partnerships happen
- Metrics oriented. You understand and value backing up recruiting goals and projections with existing data (while never compromising the quality of the candidate experience)
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top