Senior Project Specialist - Employee Engagement
About the job
The Senior Project Specialist will be part of the Chicago Center of Excellence team and will serve as a champion for ensuring that company culture and values are embedded in the workplace. This role manages a diverse set of projects and programs that enable the team to continue to grow, develop and foster a great company culture.
What you'll do
- Work directly with the Site Leader on large initiatives that impact entire office, including visitor coordination, budgeting events and initiatives.
- Be attuned to the specific needs of team's culture, identify root causes of engagement issues, and collaborate with the management and HR team to address them.
- Support the local senior management team with day-to-day initiatives and administrative needs and to create programs and initiatives, which will also include the coordination of all employee visitors from other Uber offices.
- Organize internal and external office events, team trips, meetings and outings including vendor selection and negotiation.
- Work with leaders in People Operations and HRBP to deeply understand all facets of the nUber experience, and collaborate across the region to continuously improve it.
- Partner with Workplace, IT, People and Security staff to make sure the team's needs are being met and to create exceptional employee experiences (providing feedback about food program, new office builds etc.)
- Establish and maintain budget management system for entire office, including monthly spend on employee engagement and morale initiatives.
What you'll need
- At least 5 years of people engagement, office management, team administration, event planning responsibilities; experience preferred if from a startup/tech environment
- Strong project management skills, experience with project management software.
- High energy, enthusiasm and professionalism
- Superior organizational skills and impeccable follow-through on tasks.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact professionally and efficiently with internal and external partners.
- An outstanding problem solver who is solution-oriented and has a genuine interest in helping.
- High level of proficiency with Google Drive/Office Suite desirable.
Bonus points if:
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top