Senior Program Manager, Global Compliance
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced, driven individual to help build the Uber Freight carrier compliance team in Chicago, Illinois. Our Senior Program Manager, Compliance will be directly responsible for maintaining the quality of our core supply base and developing policies to ensure that we have industry-leading core quality, safety, and insurance requirements.
The Senior Program Manager will also own the onboarding processes for new carriers and owner operators. The candidate must be motivated to change the industry and have proven experience working in a fast-paced environment where quality is never sacrificed under pressure.
As an Uber Freight team member you will drive constant improvement to the compliance process and keep pace with the latest industry standards. You will be a key contributor to product direction, working closely with the operational and product teams to evolve the compliance tools.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll Do
- Oversee vetting standards throughout the carrier onboarding process
- Work directly with strategic carriers to consult and improve their own compliance processes.
- Be the internal expert on compliance across Uber Freight
- Provide industry updates on compliance, new safety issues, insurance concerns and other potential industry regulations affecting Uber Freight and its partners
- Travel on-site for strategic customers to discuss our compliance program
- Analyze marketplace data to ensure Uber Freight carriers maintain industry-leading safety vs competition
- Work directly with development teams to integrate compliance features into the product
What you'll Need
- Undergraduate Degree required, Graduate Degree preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years professional experience, required
- Analytical and investigative skills combined with the ability to navigate through ambiguity in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across multiple levels and functions
- Experience in the freight industry strongly preferred
Back to top