Senior Product Marketing Manager, Marketplace
At Uber, you’ll build one of the fastest growing products in the world – one that millions of people use everyday both to work and get rides with a push of a button. Come change the face of how we work and how we move by collaborating with some of the brightest and most energized people from every discipline.
From the moment a rider or a driver become a part of Uber, the Marketplace team is responsible for tackling some of the hardest quantitative problems related to improving their everyday experiences. These include building and optimizing Uber’s dynamic pricing system; identifying and predicting city-specific traffic, travel, and demand patterns; optimally matching multiple riders to a driver partner for uberPOOL; and intelligently achieving marketplace equilibrium across hundreds of thousands of drivers and millions of active users across 6 continents and 500 cities.
The role requires the Product Marketing Manager to be the voice of the consumer – rider, driver, and own the global product marketing across the touchpoints. For drivers, you understand how they think about earnings opportunities from trips to weekly incentives; their experience during dispatch and rider matching; and how to intelligently market the right opportunities at the right time to help them succeed. For riders, you understand how riders think about price and promotions, how to contextualize pricing to a rider segment, and when to market which promotions to enhance rider experience with Uber.
As PMM, your job is to motivate riders and drivers to make Uber the choice for their transportation needs. This requires working closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Designers, UX Researchers, PR, Policy to build and deliver a magical experience.
- Identify key user and market needs. Go deep on understanding prospects and existing riders and drivers. Build data-driven, actionable insights that inform product strategy.
- Own the narrative. Craft the messaging and positioning to be used across cities. Test and optimize across target audiences working closely with brand and growth marketing teams to figure out better ways to communicate.
- Drive the go-to-market strategy. Build and scale the go-to-market plan for marketplace products, including marketing assets, launches and feature updates in the cities we operate.
- Develop education and engagement campaigns. Create and execute campaigns that dramatically impact in adoption and engagement working with the CRM and paid marketing teams.
- Tell the product story. Be the product point-of-contact with PR and Policy teams to craft the benefits of Uber.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years experience delivering highly successful of go-to-market, demand generation and growth strategies with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Experience working with a cross-functional product team. Expertise managing stakeholders with diverse needs and perspectives.
- Scary-good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop a strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy plan. You can also play copywriter.
- Top-notch at data-driven market research. You’re a truth-seeking missile. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you’re strong at integrating this information into your growth strategies.
- Finger-tippinesses with data. You just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth. Experience with SQL is a plus.
- Execution-focused: You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top