Senior Product Manager - Regional Growth - India Growth, Bangalore
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and one billion trips later, we've stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion—one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
Using technology, Uber makes it quick and easy for people headed in the same direction at the same time to share their journey. It's carpooling at the press of a button. And by getting more people into fewer cars we've proven you can reduce congestion and pollution overtime. UberPOOL in Los Angeles, for example, cut the number of kilometres driven across town by 12.7 million and carbon dioxide pollution by 1,400 metric in just eight months in Los Angeles.
Longer term, we're optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
Uber's Regional Growth team relentlessly attacks barriers to rider and driver adoption in the company's most challenging markets. We pave the way for other product teams by taking region-specific problems head-on, including but not limited to localization needs related to payments, mapping, and the riding/driving experience. Our goal is to enable the Uber seamless and hassle-free experience anytime, everywhere.
As a PM for Uber's Regional Growth team focused on India, you will set clear goals and envision / execute on a product roadmap and go-to-market strategy for one of Uber's most critical markets. Your performance as the product lead will be measured by the growth of Uber's business in India, and by your ability to partner closely with a cross-functional team that includes counterparts in Engineering, Design, Sales, Business Development, and Operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience building and leading businesses in India or other relevant markets, including ownership of business performance metrics.
- A technical undergraduate degree and/or equivalent work experience in a high growth company or startup. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 5+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished.
- Stellar design instincts and product taste.
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- User-centricity - examples from your past of product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users' problems.
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Gym reimbursement
We're bringing Uber to every major city in India. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top