Senior Product Manager, Payments Onboarding Platform
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber has already found strong product/market fit with its world-changing service. But it is absolutely day one for us. We're seeking a small group of unbelievably talented product leaders to define and execute against a giant vision that builds upon what Uber has brought to the world so far.
You'll work among star engineers, designers and product managers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology/operations environment. We are highly user-centric and we deeply believe we can innovate our way out of any box. The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, well honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high design bar and a mentality of starting with the user and working backwards.
Sound like you? Read on...
As Sr Product Manager for the Payments Onboarding Platform, you will envision and execute on a vision, strategy and roadmap to enable seamless payment integrations across all lines of business (including Ridesharing, UberEATS, UberFreight) and all customers (including Riders, Partners, Eaters). You will be responsible for the success of your platform including overall metrics and business impact.
Your performance is measured by the impact of the products you launch and by your ability to lead and inspire a high-performing cross-functional team that includes Product, Engineering, Design, Data, Finance, Business Development, and Operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 7+ years experience leading product teams and delivering highly successful and innovative consumer internet products with your fingerprints all over them - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished.
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent, preferably including hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- Expertise in payments product management a plus.
- The ability to set a high bar for your team and empower them to achieve great results
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- User-centricity - examples from your past of product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users' problems.
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top