Senior Product Manager, Payments - Bengaluru
Uber has already found strong product/market fit with its world-changing service. But it is absolutely day one for us. We’re seeking a small group of unbelievably talented product leaders to define and execute against a giant vision that builds upon what Uber has brought to the world so far.
You’ll work among star engineers, designers and product managers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology/operations environment. We are highly user-centric and we deeply believe we can innovate our way out of any box. The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, well honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high design bar and a mentality of starting with the user and working backwards.
Sound like you? Read on…
As Senior Product Manager in the Asia Strategic Payments group, you will envision and execute on a payments strategy that propels Uber to the next generation of Digital payments in Asia. This includes designing the right payment experiences for Uber’s Riders and Drivers and working with Business Development, local city teams, Product Management, Treasury, Operations and Engineering to strategize and build the next generation of digital payments systems in various markets in Asia.
You will be responsible for projects including overall metrics and business impact. Your performance is measured by the impact of the products you launch and how effectively you are able to work with various Uber teams and lead the vision of Uber Asia’s digital payments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 7+ years of overall Product Management experience designing and building several products with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished.
- 3 to 4+ years of product management experience in payments designing end-to-end payment systems that are used by thousands of customers
- A technical undergraduate degree and/or equivalent work experience in a high growth company or startup. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- Stellar design instincts and product taste.
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- User-centricity – examples from your past of product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users’ problems.
- Passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Gym reimbursement
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top