Senior Pricing Actuary
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We're disrupting the transportation space and growing rapidly in both the U.S. and internationally. This is an excellent opportunity for an intellectually curious actuary to gain valuable non-traditional actuarial experience while working in one of Uber's most critical and fastest growing divisions. This actuary will report directly to the Lead Actuary and be based at Uber's HQ in San Francisco. So if you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
What you'll do
- Produce country-specific insurance pricing to support international insurance placements and renewals
- Help construct innovative insurance products to cover Uber's big bets for the future
- Implement a process for monitoring loss costs and trends to inform business decisions
- Work with predictive modeling team to produce risk segmentation for larger markets
- Fill gaps as a utility player in reserving, pricing, or predictive modeling
What you'll need
- ACAS/FCAS with 7-10 years of broad property and casualty actuarial experience
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, or similar
- Personal and commercial liability lines pricing
- International auto and casualty insurance experience required
- Experience with large account, program, MGA, or specialty pricing
- Experience with competitive analysis, including rate filing research
- Excellent Excel skills, proficient with SQL
- Great communication and presentation skills, able to multitask, stay organized and be a great teammate
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Hunger and commitment to learning complex topics
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
- Bilingual / multilingual a plus
- Employees are provided with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically urges people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top