Senior Pricing Actuary
We’re disrupting the transportation space and growing rapidly in both the U.S. and internationally. This is an excellent opportunity for an intellectually curious actuary to gain valuable non-traditional actuarial experience while working in one of Uber’s most critical and fastest growing divisions. This actuary will report directly to the Lead Actuary and be based at Uber’s HQ in San Francisco. So if you’re ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you’ve got the skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality – read on and get in touch!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Produce country-specific insurance pricing to support international insurance placements and renewals
- Help construct innovative insurance products to cover Uber’s big bets for the future
- Implement a process for monitoring loss costs and trends to inform business decisions
- Work with predictive modeling team to produce risk segmentation for larger markets
- Fill gaps as a utility player in reserving, pricing, or predictive modeling
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- ACAS/FCAS with 7-10 years of broad property and casualty actuarial experience
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, or similar
- Personal and commercial liability lines pricing
- International auto and casualty insurance experience
- Experience with large account, program, MGA, or specialty pricing
- Experience with competitive analysis, including rate filing research
- Excellent Excel skills, proficient with SQL
- Great communication and presentation skills, able to multitask, stay organized and be a team player
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Hunger and drive to learn complex topics
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
- Bilingual / multilingual a plus
- Employees receive monthly Uber credits
- The rare opportunity to work on a product which is changing the world. Uber is not just another social app: we’re reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top