Senior Operations Optimization Specialist
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Uber's Greenlight Program team is part of the Global Operations team. We implement strategy, planning, innovation, and business development for the company's global network of Uber Greenlight locations, our in-person locations that serve drivers. These locations are one of the company's key growth channels for getting drivers on the road and keeping them engaged with Uber. It's a deeply rewarding and challenging team to work on because Uber Greenlight locations are the face of Uber for driver-partners, and our operations are essential for Uber's growth around the globe.
In this role, you'll focus on the Greenlight network in the U.S. and Canada, which includes hundreds of locations and staff throughout the region. As the Senior Operations Optimization Specialist, you will imagine the ideal experience for a driver-partner visiting an Uber Greenlight location and work backwards from there to make it a reality.
In particular, you will optimize operational productivity that puts the driver first and ensure the experience of visiting is speedy and effective. Ultimately, the processes and programs you design will create growth and strengthen Uber's network of driver-partners by ensuring their in-person experience working with us is overwhelmingly positive. We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What you'll do
- Lead the U.S. and Canada's innovation cycle: innovate, experiment, measure results, build new best practices, ensure full adoption of updated process, and repeat
- Identify operational weaknesses and identify strategies and processes to keep our US and Canada network as efficient as possible
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the growth and efficiency of Greenlight operations
- Drive network-wide operational process and driver experience improvements in partnership with other members of the team both at HQ and in the Field
- Oversee program management of efficiency initiatives, including complex regional roll-outs
- Analyze high-performing Uber Greenlight locations for best practices and develop global standards and best practices for adoption at all locations
- Collaborate closely with leaders at HQ and in the Field to diagnose root causes of operational underperformance or inefficiencies, and partner closely to develop recommendations
- Guide and train teams to adopt global standards and best practices
What you'll need
- At least 3 years of operations research, process improvement, operations consulting, or related experience
- Experience in operations evaluation, gap analysis, process re-engineering and modeling
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Demonstrated project management expertise, owning cross-functional projects with ambitious deadlines and multiple dependencies, with a close attention to detail and thoroughness
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Analytical thinking skills. We are committed to a data-driven approach to running our business. In order to foster quality and efficiency in your team, you are able to constantly monitor and understand trends data, and use it to make the right business adjustments
- Willingness to do domestic and international travel occasionally
Bonus points if...
- You have experience in an operational role at a high-growth company or organization
- Proficient in SQL
- Training in statistics or experience running scientific experimentation
- You're experienced in Six Sigma or similar
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Back to top