Senior Operations Manager, Business Intelligence - Chicago
The Senior Operations Manager will lead a small Business Intelligence team to champion high priority projects. Based in Chicago, but working with teams across the Midwest region, this role will help design, prioritize, and implement projects to help this fast growing region scale. This role will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We're looking for someone who can set a vision and can solve problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive deep into the details.
You will help lead strategic decision making throughout the region through your analytics, heavy data-driven approach, and operational mindset. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead and design analytical workstreams on important strategic decisions in order to optimize our Midwest regional business
- Measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes working closely with other members of the Uber team
- Coach a team of Business Intelligence Associates
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our local teams as efficient as possible
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts
- Balance multiple projects effectively, delivering consistently high quality work on schedule to city teams across the country. You'll be THE go to person for many key initiatives
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4+ years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience formally or informally managing a direct report or group of direct reports
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- An explorer's mindset - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights.
- BS or BA/ MBA or equivalent preferred
- SQL Proficiency strongly preferred.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Uber credits each month
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top