Senior Operations & Logistics Manager - Adelaide
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Senior Operations and Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a measurable impact on your city through the growth and optimisation of the supply side of Uber's platform. This is a critical role, as you will be in charge of continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimising costs and streamlining processes. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and strong interpersonal abilities.
What you'll do
At Uber, we love making data driven decisions to develop and optimise our processes. You will use our data to create big picture ideas before turning them into actionable steps for your team with progressive timelines for completion. You'll also be across the supply-side experiments that your team is running, to ensure the next Uber ride in your city happens quickly and seamlessly.
You will be a leader within the local operations team. You will need to be an effective manager of some of the brightest minds in the business. You'll be representing Uber at meetings with external stakeholders, whether within government or in front of business partners.
What you'll need
- 6+ years professional experience. Members of our operations team often have backgrounds in engineering, finance, consulting, law, or computer science, or have worked in entrepreneurial or startup environments -if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
- Communication and collaboration skills - You excel at working with diverse teams, understanding different perspectives, and building solutions together. You'll work with your city's driver-partners, government, external business as well as different teams in your city, across ANZ, and all over the world.
- Demonstrated record of positively owning and leading initiatives and projects. You seek out problems and innovate ways to solve them. You have autonomy to make changes to Uber in your city, and possess the skills to push our product to be the best it can be.
- Creative solutions driven mindset - You have a "get things done" attitude and willingness to get "in the trenches" to work with our drivers and riders to make Uber a better experience for all.
- Analytical rigor - You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world. We use data to inform our decisions. You will need to quickly identify the data you need to solve a problem and have the ability to analyse it to get to the answer.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top