Senior Mobile Software Engineer - Money, FinTech
The Uber Business Intelligence Money and FinTech team is looking for talented developers who are passionate about accelerating a worldwide transportation revolution. We’re just getting started with our millions of users and hundreds of markets, and exciting challenges loom ahead. Come help us scratch build breakthrough and truly innovative money products, applications, systems that touch every aspect of our business and the bottom line. Scale is massive and global.
We’re seeking mobile engineers with 5+ years of production experience with iOS and/or Android looking to make a significant impact building innovative products across global Money teams! If you’re excited about mobile development, committed to thoughtful design, and like tackling problems of unprecedented scale on a small, fast-moving team, you’ll fit right in here. Additional UI/fullstack experience is a plus.
Help us introduce radical new user facing features at Uber contributing to: Driver peace; saving Uber money; efficiencies which save time for all; intelligent spends and product tracking; immediate payment magic for Partners; all with a global complexity twist which makes life for engineers enjoyably complicated!
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A passion for delightful mobile user experiences.
- 5+ years of production mobile ( Android and/or iOS ) experience.
- Deep domain knowledge and experience with relevant tools, languages and frameworks ( Objective-C, Java ).
- Rock-solid programming fundamentals.
- A track record of successfully shipped software .
- Deep familiarity with debugging, performance measurement, and test-driven development .
- Experience in finance, payment, insurance, fraud, forecasting, tokenization, collection, or other FinTech applications and business systems.
- Creating and preserving the polish and simplicity of themobile user experience where the backend is complex.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- React-native and/or PhoneGap
- Apps you’ve shipped on the store that you’re proud to share.
- In-depth knowledge of iOS or Android SDKs .
- A github account with cool projects to peruse.
- A working knowledge of common design tools.
- Backend engineering experience (Python, Java, C/C++, GOlang, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, ElasticSearch).
- Real-time systems.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale – energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top