Senior Merchandise Manager and Buyer
The Uber brand marketing team is seeking a seasoned merchandise manager and buyer/ brand producer to spearhead the vision for, creation and production of Uber branded merchandise.
You will manage the design, production and procurement process for design, sourcing, production and logistics, ensuring that we provide high-quality and cost effective items on a global scale, uphold brand standards, and manage an online storefront that will fulfill the promotional, marketing, and personal merchandising needs of individual employees, and internal teams.
The brand marketing team is responsible for telling powerful brand stories, which elevate the quality of marketing, communications and product experiences. This is an opportunity to join the team at an early stage, and requires passion building lean processes and fostering the development of best in class creative solutions on a global scale.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Define the requirements for and establish a roadmap for the Uber promotional merchandise in our branded store.
- Oversee the creation of and evolution of the online store ensuring that it is functional, beautiful, curated, well-stocked, showcases high quality items, is cost-effective, and services our global needs.
- Find, vet, and setup new vendors as necessary, where necessary. Determine if existing vendor network can meet Uber’s global needs.
- Create vendor brand package – complete with all assets and guidelines that a vendor would need to be successful in creating Uber-branded merchandise.
- Assist in ordering merchandise that is cost effective and brand impactful.
- Analyze market trends to determine popular upcoming promotional merchandise trends.
- Work independently, solve problems proactively, and time manage effectively.
- Define the scope of projects including deliverables, milestones, resource needs, and budgets.
- Manage internal staff workflow and direct outside agencies in a variety of cross disciplinary executions.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to shepherd projects through launch.
- Work among other exceptionally talented staff in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, highly collaborative environment.
- Build team camaraderie and apply best practices in cross discipline knowledge sharing.
- 5-7 years promotional merchandising, promotional merchandise buyer, or procurement experience, with at least 3 years focused on general merchandising or global sourcing.
- Strong grasp of technology and has setup e-commerce and run ecommerce sites.
- Inventory management on a global scale delivering high quality product at the best cost, quickly.
- Previous success with projects that clearly demonstrate your ability to think strategically, execute upon user research, and pay close attention to the details.
- Proven track record of being a self-motivated and self-managing team member, while still being able to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Familiarity with the creative process, including information architecture and visual design.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to make reasoned decisions with imperfect or ambiguous information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise with international shipping (customs, regulations, costs) a plus.
- Partnership experience with outside agencies and contract negotiations.
- Clear and effective communicator.
- Monthly Uber credits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Nine paid company holidays
- 401K plan, gym reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance package to fit your needs
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top