Senior Marketing Operations Manager
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is changing the way the world moves. However, we're not just about moving people - we're about working together to create a marketplace to connect people with what they need.
We're looking for an excellent technical marketing operations manager to help scale our global marketing efforts. You'll be responsible for ensuring that our marketing managers and advertising partner use premier tracking technology, marketing tools and systems to augment the Return on Investment (ROI) on marketing spend.
In addition, you'll guide the direction of the growth, strategy and execution of advertising operations for Uber's fast growing marketing team. We're in 60 countries and over 400 cities, and each presents a different set of opportunities for a marketing organization. With the speed and scale of execution at Uber - no two days will be the same and you'll constantly be learning and cultivating new skills. We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of marketers and peers by encouraging best practices, processes and technical professionals.
- Mentor, guide and develop people in marketing operations and other areas
- Create plans and roadmap for world-class campaign tracking methodologies, solutions and tools to the marketers to contribute to smooth campaign scaling.
- Lead and help marketers with excellent DMP, affiliate ownership, search marketing tools, and many others.
- Lead and help instrument complex tracking technologies for improved attribution of marketing ROI at the granular level.
- Lead implementation projects with adaptable local teams across the globe.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of researchers, marketers, engineers, and product managers to deliver against the organization's KPIs.
- Lead and help the marketing organization in specialized areas like fraud and remarketing.
What you'll need
- At least 8 years of overall experience working marketing tech or product management or marketing ops or media buyer.
- At least 3 years of experience managing at least 3 direct reports in marketing ops, analytics, data ops or product management.
- At least 4 years of ad ops (or equivalent experience) working with tracking implementation, strategy and tools.
- 1 year of excellent data management skills (SQL) and very basic scripting understanding (JS/Python).
- At least 2 year of experience in mobile app marketing tech stack and space.
- At least 2 years of analytical and technical operations experience.
- Excellent communication skills, you have the ability to collaborate and connect with engineering, product and marketing teams.
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top