Senior Marketing Manager / Head of Marketing - Philippines
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city.
The Senior Marketing Manager role is a unique opportunity to lead the local brand, social, and content teams for the PH region, shaping the voice through communication on a variety of platforms. This role calls for a rare combination of strategic planning, ability to tell a story, meet deadlines, and leadership. This person should be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving people problems and can thrive in a startup culture.
We are moving a mile a minute to make sure that app users, partners and cities are able to experience the UberLOVE. Brand and Content are a big piece of that work and we’re looking for leader for the PH Marketing team to help us connect and communicate with our city.
This is an intense business side startup role that will work closely with the PH General Manager and other key stakeholders to continue driving rapid growth of Uber in the PH region. The Senior Marketing Manager will create strong relationships with headquarters to implement and advise on strategic initiatives that include Brand, Content & Copy, Social, Business Development, and Policy & Communications. You will work with other Senior Marketing Managers along the west coast to align efforts and drive growth across the region.
What You’ll Do
- 4+ years of brand and content experience, preferably in a deadline oriented environment
- Strong marketing background preferably from big data company rather than just CPG (CPG still good)
- Minimum of 2+ years of people management
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You’ll humbly be the voice of Uber.
- Word savvy. You have exceptional writing and editing skills and can craft everything from emails and blog posts to policies and summaries, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly.
- Creative. You’re always thinking of fresh ideas to generate signups and promote the brand.
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and win over strangers. Awkward is not how your friends would describe you!
- Hustler- You have no problem getting your hands dirty and doing the gritty work that comes along with the higher-level thinking
- A leader – You lead by example and have experience empowering a team to execute under pressure and tight deadlines
- Lead and empower a team of Marketing Managers to run and grow the PH operations
- Manage the voice & brand of Manila through email, blogs, and all social channels for both riders and partners
- Develop content strategies and successfully meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Use Analytics to drive performance of our communications measuring engagement among riders and partners
- Be a brand partner with HQ design, enhancing visual comms while aligning with our brand guidelines
- Lead our copywriting process ensuring our messaging reflects our brand, our quality, and our values
- Partner with our events team to plan for everything surrounding major events, stunts and promotions in the PH Area
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns
- Work with the PH General Manager and other team leads to outline the strategic direction of the business and implement processes to help scale as we grow
- Team management
- Marketing, sales and business development experience
- Brand management experience is a huge plus
- Solid writing background; experience blogging and/or editing (grammar buffs wanted).
- Robust/active online presence and familiarity with social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Wordpress, etc.) a plus.
- Influencer amongst your friends and community.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top