Senior Marketing Manager - Czech
Uber is a Series E venture-funded start-up headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone but we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 500+ cities worldwide, including over 70+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region.
Our technology allows us to move the physical world: We believe that, through innovation and entrepreneurship, we can have a meaningful impact on cities around the world.
We're looking for a Marketing Manager to take charge of growing demand, driving our brand awareness in Prague and Bratislava.
You should be a creative problem-solver and business driven: capable of building robust models and making data-driven decisions. You should also be comfortable engaging in conversations with high-profile companies, and in communicating Uber's message and vision.
How about a challenge?
We're one of the fastest growing consumer brands in Czech. We've done the easy part - innovators and early adopters already use and love Uber. Now it's time to bring Uber's magic to the masses. The Senior Marketing Manager is a critical role that will help us make that happen. We're looking for a superstar mix of:
- fantastic creativity -> we don't like to be bored
- leadership -> we need the best to lead our rockstar marketing team
- biz dev skills -> we work with tons of fantastic companies
- analytical approach -> we're a tech company
- resourcefulness -> be creative
Senior Marketing Manager will be the owner of all marketing efforts of Uber Czech Reublic and Slovakia from day one.
You must be:
- A Leader. Able to work with a team to inspire them to take on new challenges daily.
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You'll humbly be the voice of Uber.
- A Big Thinker: Your vision will help shape the future of Uber's marketing in Central Europe, so you need to have one and know how to make it reality.
- Creative. You're always thinking of fresh ideas to acquire and engage new users and promote the brand.
- Naturally interested. You're innovative, very creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and win over strangers. Awkward is not how your friends would describe you!
What you need to know/have?
- 4-7 years of marketing and partnerships experience, preferably in a highly analytical environment
- Resourcefulness - Uber moves as speed and runs lean. It's a marathon at sprint pace.
- Incredible verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to take complex systems and share them through simple and intuitive communications.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing a multi-faceted marketing team, ideally in both in acquisition and engagement.
- Demonstrated success in negotiating, cultivating and growing partnerships across various levels and sectors.
- Experience with product marketing concepts like product positioning, brand strategy and user lifecycle + retention.
- A refined understanding of how marketing, creative, planning, media, technology and analytics integrate.
- Experience making marketing and sales decisions using surveys, focus groups, A/B testing, etc.
- Deep understanding of BTL and ATL especially in the digital world.
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly
- Superior analytical skills including financial acumen with the ability to deliver on P&L benchmarks.
- Czech and English fluency is a requirement
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Bottom Line: We are looking for a marketing guru and brand strategist to elevate our brand and drive growth in Prague and Bratislava. Are you up for the challenge?
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top