Senior Marketing Manager
Uber is looking for a Marketing Manager Lead to drive marketing efforts for our North Carolina team, based in Washington, D.C. This is a critical role as it will help shape and oversee rider marketing efforts across 8 North Carolina cities. The role calls for a combination of strategic planning and analytics, business development, marketing, and leadership. The right candidate should be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, must love managing and developing a team, and also be able to thrive in a startup culture.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Management and leadership. Lead and develop a team of 3 Marketing Managers to execute on existing strategies and drive innovation.
- Strategic planning. Develop integrated marketing strategies that align with company goals; set and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Analysis. Utilize data-driven decision making to improve the performance of our marketing and business development efforts. Prioritize initiatives based on highest potential impact.
- Brand and content. Manage the voice and brand of Uber through review and approval of rider communications including email, blogs, and all social channels.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 5 - 7 years of traditional marketing experience, preferably in a highly analytical and cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing a multi-faceted marketing team, both in acquisition and engagement.
- Experience with product marketing concepts like product positioning, brand strategy and user lifecycle + retention
- Experience making data-driven marketing and sales decisions using surveys, focus groups, A/B testing, etc.
- Be adaptable to change with ability to execute quickly
- Technical experience in HTML, AMPscript, SQL are a plus
YOU MUST BE:
- A Leader. Able to work with a team, drive team member development and inspire them to take on new challenges daily.
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You'll humbly be the voice of Uber.
- A Big Thinker: Your vision will help shape the future of Uber's marketing across the state of North Carolina, so you need to have one and know how to make it reality.
- Creative. You’re always thinking of fresh ideas to acquire and engage new users and promote the brand.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and win over strangers. Awkward is not how your friends would describe you!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Back to top