Senior Manager, Regional Marketing
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the role
As the senior leader of a one of the largest regional, multidisciplinary marketing teams, you should have a track record of building strong, motivated, results-oriented teams. You'll guide a team of talented Senior Marketing Managers in both developing a holistic marketing vision and strategy for your region, aligned closely with the national marketing strategy, and in building their teams to execute national, regional and hyper-local marketing campaigns.
Working closely with our US / Canada Campaign Strategy, CRM, Research, Web, Creative, and Performance Marketing teams, your team will be the literal boots-on-the-ground supporting our mega-regional marketing objective and tackling unique challenges and opportunities within your subregion.
What You'll Do
- Manage a group of Senior Marketing Managers and their teams across multiple marketing disciplines including campaigns, events, content & communications, community, and partnerships
- Partner with both national and local teams to establish the marketing strategy and vision for your region, and establish the priorities and goals to make that strategy come to life
- Build the organizational structure and establish the team processes that will maximize the efficacy and efficiency of your team's ability to deliver world-class marketing across your region
- Set the culture for your organization by coaching and mentoring a team of Senior Managers and including performance management, career development and modeling Uber values
- Manage campaigns team to leverage market and customer insights to craft campaign strategy briefs that capture the local opportunities and needs.
- Evaluate key performance metrics and identify opportunities for iteration. Owner of subregion's marketing KPIs and goals.
- Engage new and existing riders across your subregion in a truly customer obsessed way; you'll identify unique subregional opportunities, leverage local partners, stakeholders, and events, and develop engaging experiential marketing and communications campaigns.
- Act as a marketing business partner for subregional operations and general managers. As city GMs and Operations leads work to improve the marketplace, customer experience, and profitability of markets in your subregion, you'll be their primary supporting partner. You'll also support in crisis response and rapid turnaround for high-impact marketing opportunities.
- Innovate as a center of marketing excellence; coordinating across HQ (product, BD, brand & more), the mega-regional team, and other subregions, you'll test and innovate to improve marketing at Uber across the country and around the globe
- Engage with local organizations in the community through volunteering, donations and partnerships to develop and enhance Uber's reputation with drivers and the wider community
What you'll need
- At least 8 years of people management experience, with experience leading large teams and managing other people managers
- Have experience across multiple marketing disciplines, such as CRM, partnerships, customer loyalty and retention, brand management, creative, and more
- Have the ability to translate high-level, national strategies into high-impact activities unique to your subregion and cities within it
- Possess superior analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative; you should be a results-driven individual with a proven ability to translate numbers and results to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Have strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills, effective marketing-related writing skills, and the ability to thrive in an extremely fast paced environment
- Have a track record of having built and managed one or more successful marketing teams
- MBA or equivalent masters degree preferred
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top