Senior Manager, Recruiting
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the Role
The mission of the recruiting team is to find the best minds for Uber. We pride ourselves ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber, well, uber.
You will have had experience scaling teams and will know when to toss out old methods in lieu of making it work here. We move fast, we think quick and we want someone who's excited by these challenges and can tackle them with enthusiasm and rigor. This role will lead all Operations recruiting across the 40+ countries of our EMEA region.
What you'll experience
- You will passionately get results, think and act quickly, operate long-term and in the best interest of company objectives.
- Building teams to support our long term strategy. This position will uphold a high hiring bar continuously and drive process improvement to hire Operations talent faster.
- Data Driven - dig into analytics to make decisions based on said data.
- Think innovatively to drive results. We are a unique company and brand and thus need equally innovative strategies to hit our hiring goals. Scalability and sustainability are key success metrics.
What you should have:
- Business Acumen - ability to partner with senior level individuals including our top-level business leaders who are leading exciting and growing orgs.
- Passion for candidate experience and the overall process of finding a new opportunity.
- The ability to think big - you've scaled & developed a growing recruiting team and understand the need to build for the long term.
- Strong command of data and analytics; using data to influence change.
- Dedicated focus on developing the team and peers.
- Implemented successful yet not stalling processes.
- Curiosity about the org and what makes Uber work. Operations functions are at the core of our business and a solid understanding of that foundation is crucial to success in role.
- A bias for action and with an ability to take on calculated risk.
- Degreed in Business, Human Resources or similar.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in recruiting with 5+ years of recruiting management
- Demonstrated success in data driven organization
- Inquisitive and solutions oriented
- Incredibly passionate about building, mentoring and leading large, high-output recruitment teams
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top