Senior Manager of Investigations
About the job
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver support around the globe during our most critical incidents and accidents. Our Incident Response Team (IRT) Investigators are there for our customers when they need us most. Accidents and incidents can be traumatic and challenging experiences. It takes a true professional to understand the complexity of the situation, work empathetically with the customers, and drive our investigations to timely and appropriate resolution.
This leadership role is ultimately accountable for the end-to-end management of all customer-facing investigations across our operations in the US and Canada. Time will be spent leading the Investigations team across multiple site, working directly with managers and Investigators to improve key metrics on quality, compliance, and efficiency, and coordinating with key stakeholders across the region.
What you'll do
- Lead, motivate, and develop current investigators to meet time-sensitive deadlines and deliver on operational KPIs (e.g. Service Level Agreements, Quality, Case Closure)
- Set up career development plans, coach team leaders, and develop them into outstanding investigators and people managers
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep team as efficient as possible
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders across the region
- Assist in investigating accidents and insurance loss as well as person-on-person allegations
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience interviewing both parties to an incident either in-person or over the phone
- At least 5 years of urgent customer service support or relevant prior experience investigating urgent and high-priority issues
- Experience investigating accidents and insurance loss as well as person-on-person allegations
- Experience leading a team of 10+ individuals
- Experience managing across multiple locations and managing senior stakeholders across a global enterprise
- Strong communication skills including the ability to listen effectively; to confidently and diplomatically express opinions and voice concerns with other team members; and to present effective written communication to varied audiences
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in Claims Liability, HR Investigations, and/or criminal investigations
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Prior experience with Crisis Management or Sensitivity Training
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top