Senior Manager of Investigations
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
This leadership role is ultimately accountable for the end-to-end management of all customer-facing investigations across our operations in the US and Canada. Time will be spent leading the Investigations team across multiple site, working directly with managers and Investigators to improve key metrics on quality, compliance, and efficiency, and coordinating with key stakeholders across the region.
What You'll Do
- Lead, motivate, and develop current investigators to meet time-sensitive deadlines and deliver on operational KPIs (e.g. Service Level Agreements, Quality, Case Closure)
- Set up career development plans, coach team leaders, and develop them into outstanding investigators and people managers
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep team as efficient as possible
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders across the region
- Assist in investigating accidents and insurance loss as well as person-on-person allegations
What You'll Need
- Experience interviewing both parties to an incident either in-person or over the phone
- Minimum 5 years of urgent customer service support or relevant prior experience investigating urgent and high-priority issues
- Experience investigating accidents and insurance loss as well as person-on-person allegations
- Experience managing across multiple locations and managing senior stakeholders across a global enterprise
- Strong communication skills including the ability to listen effectively; to confidently and diplomatically express opinions and voice concerns with other team members; and to present effective written communication to varied audiences
Bonus Points if
- Experience in Claims Liability, HR Investigations, and/or criminal investigations
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Prior experience with Crisis Management or Sensitivity Training
About the Team
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver support around the globe during our most critical incidents and accidents. Our Incident Response Team (IRT) Investigators are there for our customers when they need us most. Accidents and incidents can be traumatic and challenging experiences. It takes a true professional to understand the complexity of the situation, work empathetically with the customers, and drive our investigations to timely and appropriate resolution.
Back to top