Senior Manager of International Tax Reporting
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Uber is looking to add a Tax Senior Manager of International Tax Reporting to our rapidly growing team! This role will report to our Head of Global Tax Reporting and support our domestic and international tax functions. This is an amazing opportunity to join a newly established tax team and make an immediate impact. If you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced international environment, we're excited to hear from you.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Review the international portion of the Company's U.S. income tax return (i.e. forms 8858, 5471, etc.), including associated tax return disclosures for international tax issues and transactions
- Review E&P adjustments, Subpart F income, and foreign tax credits
- Manage all aspects of the annual and interim foreign income provision, including providing guidance and training to regional tax teams on foreign provision packages
- Support tax controversy matters, including review and tracking of international tax reserves and audits
- Manage annual financial statements and disclosures for all international entities making sure timely delivery and submission
- Assist with planning around repatriation of offshore earnings
- Support international aspects of acquisition accounting, as needed
- Monitor and research relevant international tax technical and tax reporting updates
- Coordinate preparation and review of monthly income tax account reconciliations for all international entities, working closely with each regional team lead
- Monitor and review tax accounting impact of GAAP to STAT adjustments
- Work with key regional tax leads to collect and maintain, for U.S. income tax reporting, all foreign jurisdiction tax returns filed since the prior year
- Monitor and review monthly tax calculations, tax returns, and submissions
- Coordinate preparation and monitoring of cash tax forecasting for all international entities, including reconciliation against actual cash tax paid
What You'll Need
- At least 10+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar
- CPA and/or Master's in Taxation preferred
- Excellent international tax operations knowledge and familiarity of tax issues for a multinational company operating globally
- A detailed understanding of ASC 740
- Working knowledge of transfer pricing principles
- Excellent organizational, technical, analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively guide and inspire a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, and research programs (i.e. RIA, BNA)
- Proficiency in ONESOURCE Tax Provision and Income Tax is preferred
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
About the Team
We build scalable and well-controlled processes to support timely and accurate financial and statutory reporting and ensure compliance with regional and local tax regulations.
Back to top