Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
The Senior Manager of Financial Reporting position will assume a leadership role on the Uber Financial Reporting team with oversight responsibility for the preparation of financial statements and related disclosures. The ideal candidate will help design and implement an effective and efficient process over financial reporting and ensure timely and accurate preparation and delivery of periodic financial statements for various purposes and requirements. This role is based in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Financial Reporting.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee and manage Uber’s Financial Reporting team that is responsible for the integrity and accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements generated
- Manage the process of drafting financial statements ensuring accuracy and completeness of disclosures and supporting documents including disclosure checklists
- Coordinate with external auditors, executive management, legal, tax and other cross-functional teams to facilitate the review process
- Partner closely with the Technical Accounting team and other business partners to properly assess the impact of significant transactions on financial statement disclosures
- Lead the Accounting team’s monthly flux review process
- Own and ensure effectiveness of the company’s internal controls over the financial reporting process
- Research and keep current with accounting standards especially as they relate to disclosure requirements
- Assist in the preparation and review of corporate accounting policies and procedures
- Assist the local compliance teams with statutory reporting and filing requirements
- Support business partners with their various ad hoc requests for internal management reporting and analyses
- Supervise and mentor the team members
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- CPA license and experience in a large public accounting firm preferred
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience including a management role
- Hands-on financial reporting experience in a high growth global enterprise
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP, FASB pronouncements and SEC rules and regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, a high level of attention to details and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing priorities
- Experience with Oracle preferred
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top