Senior Litigation Counsel - Brazil
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
We are currently searching for a Senior Counsel, with expertise in litigation to join the Uber Legal Team in Brazil as we scale nationally and globally. You will report to Brazil Legal Director and be based in São Paulo.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with Brazil Legal Director and drive the strategic priorities in the region on litigation matters (except labor and employment litigation).
- Manage and develop litigation strategy in relation to cases initiated by and against the company across the country.
- Manage a growing litigation team of highly qualified legal professionals.
- Supervise, coordinate and collaborate with outside counsel to efficiently resolve lawsuits, claims and other potential disputes in the different cities in Brazil.
- Be an active legal partner to internal business groups providing daily legal advise on litigation matters.
- Be a great people leader while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you'll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times.
- Identify risks and successfully drive mitigation efforts.
- Manage external counsel and department budgets.
WHAT YOU ARE
- 8+ years of litigation experience (at least 2/3 years of law firm experience preferred).
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school
- Knowledge and expertise in litigation.
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in Portuguese and English
- Interest in expanding scope of your practice to other areas of law as part of a growing legal team
- A strong people leader with superior leadership skills.
- Dynamic and resilient individual with the demonstrated ability to make decisions and influence, persuade and build consensus.
- You communicate effectively; work independently; are effective; when you see an issue that needs addressing, your instinct is to jump in and address it.
- You have high standards, integrity and strong ethical values.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment for a company with operations around the world.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top