Senior iOS Engineer - Scheduled Rides (Seattle)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As part of the Scheduled Rides team you will deliver a delightful end-to-end experience to enable millions of customers around the globe to schedule rides on the Uber app for iOS platform. You will work on a daily basis in very close collaboration with our product managers, marketing managers, designers, data scientists, operation specialists, Android and backend developers in order to deliver this customer experience which is critical for the overall success of Uber.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Own the end-to-end experience for Scheduled Rides on the iOS rider and partner application
- Participate in the design and architecture (frontend and backend) of the Scheduled Rides experience that spans across multiple tiers of the Uber application
- Work with product managers and designers to drive and finalize core user scenarios
- Participate in ideating and planning the upcoming features the team will focus on
- work with data scientists to understand customer behavior and how the Scheduled Rides product is performing
- Help take Uber to the next level as a world class engineering team
- Interview and coach new team members
What You'll Need
- BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or related field
- Native iOS development (swift and/or Objective C) and, ideally, Cocoa Touch Frameworks
- Strong algorithm and CS skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication and great team player.
- Good track record of delivering customer facing IOS application (ideally used by millions of people)
- Experience in working with agile methodology
Bonus Points If
- Knowledge of RESTful Architecture/Networking, Application Health Monitoring and Analytics tools such as Sentry, Grafana, ELK
About the Team
Scheduled Rides is one of the few features present on the home screen of the Uber app and, as such, is used by millions of people around the globe. The team owns the full end-to-end experience on the rider and driver application including frontend, backend, operation tools and data analysis pipeline. Some of the interesting challenges for this team would be to deliver a tailored experience for specific scheduling use cases (like airport trips, commuter trips...) or introduce new ways to schedule and accept trips from within or outside the Uber application in order to differentiate our experience from competition and, consistently delight our customer. You will have the opportunity to work with senior engineers having a long tenure in the team and in Uber therefore with a deep understanding of our entire system and trip flow to help guide and coach you.
Back to top