Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer
Uber’s Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users – riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for hands-on security engineers who are passionate about building & defending.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You’ll be pushing the boundaries of security technology to build defenses for large scale production infrastructure, enterprise systems, and cloud services.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and systems security
- Perform security assessments of production, corporate, and cloud infrastructure
- Harden our clients, servers, and networks against exploitation and privilege escalation
- Instrument systems to enable detection of intrusions & abuse
- Build services & tools to protect our data
THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience with operating systems internals and hardening (Linux, OS X, Windows)
- A firm grasp of networking protocols and operations
- Programming skills (Python, Go, C, Java, Bash, PowerShell)
- AWS & Cloud Security knowledge
- Applied cryptography and key management
- Solid understanding of authentication, authorization, and directory services
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top