Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber's Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users - riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.
We are looking for hands-on security engineers who are passionate about building and defending.
What you'll do
- You'll be pushing the boundaries of security technology to create defenses for large scale production infrastructure, enterprise systems, and cloud services.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and systems security
- Perform security assessments of production, corporate, and cloud infrastructure
- Harden our clients, servers, and networks against exploitation and privilege escalation
- Instrument systems to enable detection of intrusions and abuse
- Create services and tools to secure our data
What you'll need
- Experience with operating systems internals and hardening (Linux, OS X, Windows)
- Deep knowledge of networking protocols and operations
- Programming skills (Python, Go, C, Java, Bash, PowerShell)
- AWS and Cloud Security knowledge
- Applied cryptography and key management
- Thorough understanding of authentication, authorization, and directory services
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top