Senior HR Analyst EMEA
Uber's leaders rely on People Analytics to develop data-driven approaches to finding, developing, and retaining Uber's greatest asset - its people. This team provides the foundation to how global talent is managed at Uber, and the People Insights Analysts are the team's bedrock. The analyst team is building a people business intelligence function from the ground up while simultaneously experimenting with our own ideas, ultimately addressing HR challenges in a data-driven way few other companies have had the vision to try before. To do so, we apply rigorous analysis & data science principles to people data. It's up to us to build the models and tools needed to make data accessible, perform deep-dive analyses of strategic importance to the company, and translate our work into findings that empower our leaders to make business decisions.
Given the world of people analytics is an emerging field, there's no set playbook on how to best take on the challenges that come with incredible growth. As such, being a Senior Insights Analyst requires a mix of strategic thinking, creativity in the face of ambiguity, analytical skills, and resourcefulness.
Who you are
- You are biased towards action. You run towards challenges (not away) even in the face of ambiguity.
- A team player. None of our work is in a silo. The reward comes not from individual glory but from the collective satisfaction of a job well done.
- An open and curious problem-solver. You have an analytical mind and can navigate obstacles on the fly in a thoughtful, creative, and reasonable way.
- Passionate about data. You love crunching numbers and are a firm believer in their ability to tell a story.
- A lover of people. You're excited to know that your work will impact Uber employees and future candidates.
- Detail-oriented. When the data on the screen is a reflection of the colleagues you work with, there's no room for error.
- A learner. You don't need to be an expert in everything at the start, but you're excited at the prospect of improving both yourself and the value you bring to the team.
- A communicator. You will have to explain your data to key stakeholders both inside and outside the People team; at times, you may be asked to be the face of the People team to Uber's employees.
- Excited about impact. Your work at a minimum will define how Uber manages its global talent, and could potentially set the precedent for what the people analytics industry looks like for the foreseeable future.
What you'll do
- Transform numbers on a screen into intelligible stories that reflect the actual experience of both our current & prospective employees around the globe
- Partner with colleagues in the People Analytics team as well as leaders and executives across Uber (both inside and outside the People team) as the analytical engine that drives towards solutions for their toughest talent problems; as the first member of our People Analytics team in EMEA, you will spearhead data analysis to drive business decisions that impact all of Uber, with a specific focus in our EMEA region
- Design and develop the tools and processes needed to make our People data accessible to our employees & empower our business leaders to make tough decisions in recruiting & managing our talent
What you'll need
- Bachelor and/or Master's degree, preferably in analytically-related field
- 3-5 years of consulting / operations / analytical or related experience. People analytics background a plus
- Strong quantitative analysis expertise in one or more analytical tools. Fluency with spreadsheets is a minimum; SQL, Python, R, Stata, etc. a plus
- Ability to tell a story using Powerpoint or Keynote
- Direct HR / people analytics experience is a plus
- May require travel
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Smart, engaged co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Gym reimbursement, twenty five paid company holidays
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top