Senior Fullstack Engineer - Maps Workflow
Are you excited by the idea of using bits to move atoms? Are you excited to directly impact transportation in hundreds of cities for billions of people and things around the world? Our ambition is to make transportation as reliable as running water, everywhere for everyone.
Uber, Advanced Technologies, Engineering is the Palo Alto, CA division of the Uber Engineering Team. We are focused on solving incredibly difficult challenges for our mapping and location platform at Uber. You will be working with some of the world’s best experts, programmers, innovators, and scientists. Your work will directly impact every single Uber request.
We are looking for experienced software engineers who have a solid grasp of user interface fundamentals as full-stack developers for our suite of internal Web tools. As a successful candidate, you’ll have:
- Experience in full-stack development using Web technologies such as React/Redux to build reusable components that fit together in scalable production applications.
- Strong sense of web UX, with experience building intuitive interfaces that present data in compelling ways.
- At least three years programming experience in Java or an equivalent object-oriented language.
- A firm grasp of data structure and algorithm fundamentals and how to apply them in real-world applications.
- Strong algorithmic and analytical skills. Familiarity with information retrieval, data integration or machine learning are a plus.
- Design and development experience building and using REST API services.
- Experience selecting SQL and NoSQL solutions for Web infrastructure and a keen awareness of the strengths and weaknesses of each when designing solutions.
- Previous experience developing bespoke applications for data entry, data visualization and manipulation is a plus.
- Bonus points for experience with MapReduce or distributed processing.
- Extra large bonus points for experience with geospatial datasets and services, such as maps, local search, points of interest and business listings data, mobile device location and GPS traces.
- MS in computer science preferred but not required.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top