Senior Full Stack Engineer (Business Platform)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
If you have great passion in creating end-to-end solutions that drive massive business impact and if you are interested in developing both frontend and backend skills, you should come and join the Business Operating System and Services (BOSS) team. The BOSS team operates at the critical intersection of product and infrastructure, developing tools and platforms to accelerate the fastest-growing company in history.
Joining the BOSS team will give you the opportunity to make lasting impact at some of the highest leverage points in engineering. Combine building groundbreaking technology with the unique opportunity of joining at the early stage of the Uber Seattle Engineering's office and this opportunity is too good to pass up!
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by boldness and an appetite for productivity. We're looking for team players who can work harder, faster, and smarter, while taking technical excellence to a whole new level. You should be excited about creating a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities - varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size - with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements.
What you'll need
- Ability to learn quickly on the go. We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- You have knowledge of backend stack such as MySQL/PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, or similar technologies.
- Deep system design skills. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends and have excellent experience developing systems for scale.
- Bold bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way - and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Passion and energy. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Unquenchable thirst for growth. "Comfortable" is not a word in your vocabulary. You're not just looking for the next interesting challenge, but instead looking to push yourself to see just how quickly you can grow when inserted into the middle of a hyper-growth environment.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen!
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top