Senior Frontend Engineer - Maps
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Are you excited by the idea of using your skills to move people? Are you excited to closely impact logistics and transportation in hundreds of cities? Are you excited to help move people and things more efficiently around the world? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, you might be a great fit for this team at Uber!
We are looking for experienced software engineers who have a solid grasp of user interface fundamentals as front-end developers for our suite of internal Web tools.
What you'll need
- Previous experience developing bespoke applications for data entry, data visualization and manipulation.
- At least three years programming experience in Java, or an equivalent object-oriented language.
- A firm grasp of data structure and algorithm fundamentals and how to apply them in real-world applications.
- Experience in mapping is a plus.
- Experience or interest in full-stack development is not required, but is a plus.
- MS in computer science preferred but not required.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top