Senior Frontend Engineer - Maps
Are you excited by the idea of using bits to move atoms? Are you excited to directly impact transportation in hundreds of cities for billions of people and things around the world? Our ambition is to make transportation as reliable as running water, everywhere for everyone.
Uber, Advanced Technologies, Engineering is the Palo Alto, CA division of the Uber Engineering Team. We are focused on solving incredibly difficult challenges for our mapping and location platform at Uber. You will be working with some of the world’s best experts, programmers, innovators, and scientists. Your work will directly impact every single Uber request.
We are looking for experienced software engineers who have a solid grasp of user interface fundamentals as front-end developers for our suite of internal Web tools. As a successful candidate, you’ll have:
- Previous experience developing bespoke applications for data entry, data visualization and manipulation.
- At least three years programming experience in Java, or an equivalent object-oriented language.
- A firm grasp of data structure and algorithm fundamentals and how to apply them in real-world applications.
- Experience in mapping is a plus.
- Experience or interest in full-stack development is not required, but is a plus.
- MS in computer science preferred but not required.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top