Senior Financial Analyst (Community Operations) - APAC
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
Passionate about high-growth startups and have strong analytical skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Do you live and breathe to turn raw data into meaningful business information? Then let’s talk.
The Community Operations Analyst will take a data driven approach to informing decisions and process improvements critical to the success of our support organization within any given line of business. You will be first and foremost a strategist, using a deep knowledge of the product, a passion for agent success and strong customer support, and analytical skills to inform policies and processes that are simultaneously the best for the business, the agent, and the customer.
The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, a creative and problem solving mindset, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Site Leadership Team, surfacing insights and providing P&L, planning & cost support as we grow our business. This role will primarily focus on cost side – identifying opportunities to reduce cost, tracking actuals vs. plan, forecasting for future.
- Sophisticated financial modeling – build models from scratch, improve existing models, break complex models down into components that consolidate – you can do it all.
- Coordinate closely with global finance team – we’re constantly evolving and upgrading our routines and deliverables, you’ll need to constantly be in sync with the team in SF.
- Go deep – this role is not about going an inch deep and a mile wide; we work on complex problems and dabbling will not cut it – roll ‘em up.
- Think strategically and then execute – the models we build aid in decision making and strategy. We operationalize our insights. Help us scale efficiently. We’ll always move fast, but evolving our cost and planning processes and ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization. Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals.
- Help drive requirements and implementation for financial planning and business intelligence systems.
- Innovate – we will push the boundaries beyond traditional modeling, analysis. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skillsets.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 5 to 7 years of data science / business intelligence / investment banking / consulting or related experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills – many say they are great at Excel, fewer truly are. Ideal candidate brings some impressive know-how (and the understanding that there’s always more to learn)
- SQL, coding experience a plus though not required
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Team player
- Ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Self-starter attitude – the ability to self-serve, investigate, and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Geek: must love numbers
- Hacker: gets things done by using existing tools or introducing new ones
- Strategic thinker: goes beyond today and thinks about tomorrow, using data to drive his/her decision-making
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top