Senior Facilities Site Lead, Philippines
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is looking to add a Facilities Site Lead to our team!
This role will lead the daily operations of our Philippines offices run by the Places team. You will lead all our facilities management functions, as well as some small to medium sized office improvement projects. We care for our employees, our partners and our visitors, and this needs to be communicated through best-in-class facility services. We take a lot of pride in what we do. You will work in close collaboration with the places leadership and have an opportunity to make a difference in how we run our offices.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage all facilities staff and vendors at assigned sites
- Manage preventive and emergency maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC and office equipment
- Ensure all site documentation is in place, including O&M, floor plans, and playbooks
- Manage food program, including vendor management, budgeting, and kitchen equipment maintenance
- Lead the cleaning and maintenance of facility
- Assist in developing and administering annual operating budget
- Conduct and document regular facilities inspections and audits
- Collaborate with the global Environmental Health and Safety team to ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes
- In conjunction with Space Planning team, lead seating and space planning within facility to create maximum efficiency
- Along with the Build team, coordinate office moves, the setup of new offices, and re-shuffling of existing offices
- Implement standard methodology processes to increase efficiency
- Initiate and run RFPs from vendors and suppliers as needed
- Negotiate contracts to optimize delivery and cost savings
- Calculate and compare costs for good and services against industry averages (benchmarking) to improve cost-effectiveness
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships, ensuring delivery schedules, quantity and quality criteria are met
- Confirm accuracy of vendor invoices, and ensure landlords and vendors are paid on time
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Respond to emergencies, facility equipment alarms and system failures through a robust emergency escalation plan
- Provide prompt response to requests and issues from facility occupants
- Collaborate with global security team to ensure security standards are met
- Collaborate with corporate IT teams to ensure office needs are being met
- Ensure workstations, security badges, and other tools are set up for new hires
- Manage small to medium sized office improvement projects with the support of the Build team
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of 5 years facilities management experience
- The ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create regular reports
- A service oriented, hands-on leader with a strong vision on the future of facilities management services
- Leadership and people management skills, internal as well as vendor and partner
- Superior organizational skills and great follow through on tasks.
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in helping.
- A real passion for Uber!
- Always Be Hustling
- Employees are given a number of Uber rides every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top