Senior Employee Relations Manager, APAC
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber's rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
We are in need of an experienced HR leader with significant experience in APAC to develop and grow our Employee Relations practice within the People Operations Organization. This role will be a senior level individual contributor working globally across Uber based in Singapore mainly supporting APACx and reporting to the Head of our Global Employee Relations Team.
The right person will thrive in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving people and employment related issues and can pivot quickly. This role is all about developing the Employee Relations practices and people strategy across Uber, and providing deep subject matter expertise in addressing employment and employee relations issues. Domestic and/or international travel may be required.
What you'll do:
- Implement sound resolutions to complex employee relations issues
- Advise and influence all levels of management around complex employee relations decisions, e.g.: performance management, business conduct, terminations, restructuring, and HR policies, guidelines and practices.
- Evaluate and review employment decisions in response to employee concerns.
- Design and conduct HR investigations and organizational assessments - recommend and develop appropriate remediations.
- Design and conduct training for HR and management on management practices.
- Design and implement trending analysis and ER metrics model.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Directly handling a caseload of highly complex ER matters and investigations.
- Developing and driving HR initiatives - employment practice improvement, training, metrics/trending and HR analytics.
- Partnering with and guiding senior business leaders to resolve complex ER matters.
- Providing strategy, technical expertise and direction to HR partners and managers around management practices, ER and Org Effectiveness
- 7+ years of exempt level ER, HR or Legal experience; preferably in a high tech growth environment.
- 5+ years directly managing complex employee relations issues or advising corporate clients around employment practice.
- BA with preference for JD, MBA/MA or Advanced Degree in OD or I-O.
- Experience managing employee relations issues and advising corporate clients around employment practices.
- Experience improving and designing HR related processes.
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including a familiarity with global HR practices and policies.
- Strong problem solving abilities and tenacity to build solutions from scratch.
- Flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Must be able to travel, including short-term assignments based upon business requirements.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top