Senior Data Scientist - CRM (D.C)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is changing the way the world moves. However, we're not just about moving people - we're about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need.
We're looking for a senior data scientists in our Marketing Analytics team to provide data expertise as we improve the growth, retention, engagement, and brand affinity of the riders and drivers on the Uber platform. In the role you'll be part of and work closely with a cross-functional team consisting of strategy, design, development, and program managers.
You posses a passion for improving techniques, processes, tracking, analytical insights and technology used by marketing to achieve our bold goals. This person will help address the complex challenges of experiment design, marketing effectiveness, contact strategy, return on investment, driver and rider behavior and channel effectiveness using state of the art machine learning models.
As an early member of engagement marketing analytics, you will not only be able to develop the new team, but also help define the way marketing performance is calibrated and what questions should be asked. You'll play a big part in finding opportunity fields to help the marketing function scale as we develop onboarding, engagement and retention strategies. You will also learn and apply advanced analytics skills like experimental design, machine learning, statistical modeling, and more.
This role is available in multiple locations including D.C, L.A., and San Francisco.
What you'll be doing:
- You will work in cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers, data scientists, and other product professionals on some of the most high-impact projects for the future of the company.
- You will build creative solutions to incredibly complex problems. Examples include churn and loyalty models, channel response models and LTV methodologies.
- You will partner with some of Uber's most critical program teams to ensure they effectively use advanced analytics. You also help them platform-ize their models and insights to ensure others can learn and leverage your work.
- You will research and implement new, novel machine learning algorithms and workflows - our problems are some of the most unique in the world, we need to be aware of the latest advances.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Superb quantitative background with a graduate degree in a quantitative domain such as Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Statistics, or similar.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning and statistics, this includes experimental design for optimization and predictive analytics techniques: supervised (regression and classification, ensemble methods) and unsupervised learning (dimensionality reduction, clustering), reinforcement learning (bandit algorithms), Bayesian statistics, graphical models and deep learning.
- Demonstrable proficiency in coding, programming concepts, and technical tools with analysis combined with the enthusiasm and passion to build. (SQL, Python such as pandas and scikit-learn, R and Spark).
- Proficiency with multiple analytic and database tools (e.g Tableau, Hive, Presto, Vertica, Jupyter notebooks).
- Someone who is willing to contribute new ideas and articulate them to a variety of stakeholders and not just execute on existing ones.
- A commitment to learning - We want someone who seeks to deliver impact, but also invests in themselves and others. We don't get better by standing still, so you will need to consistently seek to innovate and raise the bar.
- A love of data - you just go get the data you need and turn it into an insightful story. You know how to convert data into decisions without getting stuck in paralysis by analysis.
- 5 years experience delivering, scaling, and owning highly successful and innovative machine learning products with your fingerprints all over them
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top