Senior Customer Support Manager
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
We’re looking for a Sr. Customer Support Manager , or Senior Community Operations Manager as it’s known at Uber, to develop and lead support efforts for our Phoenix Center of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing premier customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community’s toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes. You will be one of a few Senior Customer Support Managers reporting to the Phoenix COE Site Leader.
This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management, delivering against KPI goals, and continuing process improvement with use of data analytics, so those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead.
What you’ll do
- Lead, motivate, and develop Community Operations Managers within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational KPIs
- Set up career development plans, guide Community Operations Managers, and develop them into awesome people managers
- Set overall direction of operations functions at the COE, including full accountability for setting and achieving operational goals and strategic planning
- Integrate the efforts of teams across multiple shifts to deliver premier customer support and attain service level requirements
- Measure and evaluate COE processes and facilitate continuous process improvements that lead to an even better customer experience
- Identify root causes and implement changes to improve accuracy, productivity, and quality of your team’s performance
- Design, develop, and lead project teams to improve operations functions
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a high-volume and highly productive service-industry or customer support environment
- At least 5 years of experience managing large teams with at least 3 years of managing managers
- Demonstrated ability to develop team members effectively, set team goals, guide people to their highest levels of performance, and through challenging situations
- Performance management of large teams, creating and implementing policy, mentoring and coaching, as well as stakeholder manager and communications about high visibility and time sensitive issues
- Demonstrated data experience; Excel proficiency
- Excellent attention to detail & project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills. Including public speaking and ability to present effectively in front of peers and senior leadership
- Thrive on change and operate flexibly. Willingness to work some weekends and occasional holidays to support a 24/7 operations environment
- Bias towards action
- Optimistic leadership: You have an enthusiastic attitude and are passionate about making magic for our Community. You view every support interaction as a chance to impact our riders and driver partners in a positive way
Bonus points if
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a highly productive environment
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies
- SQL proficiency
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top