Senior CRM Manager, Engagement
Uber is changing the way the world moves. However, we’re not just about moving people – we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need.
This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor and be a part of Uber’s CRM strategy, roadmap and plan implementation. We are looking for a senior leader who is passionate about understanding consumer behavior and will help continue the current pace of growth by ensuring that we are effectively messaging our driving partners in a way that informs, delights, and drives growth.
In the role, you’ll be the main connection point between internal stakeholders and our millions of customers. You’ll develop and lead our engagement strategy across our direct touch-points including in-app messaging, push notifications, digital retargeting, email, SMS and other offline channels.
You’ll build and grow a world-class team of highly effective marketers and work cross-functionally with other marketing disciplines, operations, analytics, product, engineering and design to launch new campaigns, ever-green programs and optimize existing communications that help increase driver/rider satisfaction, retention and ultimately the number of trips taking place on the Uber platform. You are expected to provide strategic leadership and day-to-day management of the Uber’s lifecycle marketing roadmap and lead/partner with teams to launch the plans. The role will focus on tactics to drive growth and retention.
You will also be expected to drive innovation & learning across channels as well as through product and process enhancements to drive better results. The role offers a strong intersection of marketing intuition & strategy, consumer insights & analytics, campaign tactical & creative execution and technology experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Hire & manage a team of highly effective lifecycle marketers to launch and optimize lifecycle programs that engage hundreds of millions of users across the globe.
- Work closely with market research & insights teams to understand consumer segmentation / behavior & identify consumer insights to leverage in lifecycle marketing that drive customer LTV.
- Advocate for lifecycle marketing priorities with analytics, design and product teams; define data requirements and induct behavioral data into the marketing automation solutions.
- Build structures, process, and guidance for working with marketing, creative, analytics/data science and city marketing teams.
- Work closely with the product management and engineering team in the continuous improvement of Uber’s CRM technology, tools and processes. Support product definition and development of portfolio of tools to deliver short term business impact and scalable long term high impact marketing programs.
- Work closely with Analytics/Experimentation on measurement frameworks, test design, planning, and analysis.
- Work with our deployment, content and creative teams to design and launch complex automated campaigns using our internal and external tools.
- Work closely with our local marketing teams to ensure messaging is relevant and impactful in our hundreds of global cities around the world.
What You’ll Need:
The ideal candidate for this role should have:
- 6-8 years of customer marketing experience in a fast-paced, high-growth tech environment with a proven track-record of success leading teams of experienced marketers across multiple regions.
- Strong familiarity and passion for data-driven lifecycle marketing, customer marketing and retention, and testing frameworks at scale.
- Strong technical understanding of marketing and analytics technologies associated with the role
- Additional experience with multiple marketing channels (paid, social, in-app marketing etc) with an eye for creative excellence preferred.
- Ability to influence a diverse set of executive stakeholders through compelling communications.
- Bachelor’s degree with high academics or equivalent experience, MBA preferred.
- A self-starting attitude—ready to seize opportunities to make an impact without needing to be told.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top