Senior Counsel UK&I
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We are currently searching for a high calibre Senior Counsel to join our busy London team. You will report directly to the Legal Director for UK&I and be based at Uber's London office.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Work closely with our Legal Director and other members of the legal team on a range of issues including regulatory and litigation matters
- Understand, interpret and apply current regulations as applicable to Uber's business model
- Respond to regulators inquiries concerning on-going operations
- Provide guidance to internal business customers on risk factors related to business decisions and operations across a variety of legal disciplines, from data protection to competition advice
- Identify risks and opportunities and provide clear guidance on various regulatory issues across business functions
- Provide strategic and proactive legal advice to internal business groups. It's our job to peer round corners for the business and ensure that we are well positioned for the future
- Effectively and efficiently manage outside counsel
- Work hard but have a lot of fun doing it!
What You'll Need
- Significant post-qualification experience at a top-notch law firm or in-house (ideally 6+ years, with some in-house experience)
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school or university
- A contentious background, whether in regulatory, competition or complex commercial litigation
- A desire to take the initiative and think two steps ahead
- Ability to translate complex legal issues and ambiguity into clear and simple advice and to communicate effectively with non-legal internal colleagues
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- To be able to think on your feet and make quick decisions
- Thrive in high impact/high profile situations
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
Back to top