Senior Counsel, Privacy (APAC)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We're disrupting the transportation world and with that comes the need for more legal clout. We are currently searching for a Senior Counsel, Privacy and Product, with expertise in APAC privacy and consumer protection laws to join the Uber Legal Team as we scale globally. You will report to the Associate General Counsel, APAC, with a dotted line report to the global Head of Privacy and work closely with the global Privacy Team. Do you want to bring your expertise to Uber? Read on...
What you'll do:
- Advise on privacy during development of new products and initiatives
- Coordinate legal review of products and initiatives prior to launch in APAC region, working closely with other legal teams in APAC and globally, including employment, corporate, regulatory and insurance
- Advise on privacy aspects of contracts, and business development initiatives
- Collaborate with legal, security, and trust and safety leads on law enforcement response in APAC region
- Manage compliance with complex and dynamic privacy, electronic marketing, and consumer protection laws in APAC region
- Respond to regulatory inquiries related to privacy and electronic marketing laws
- Develop creative tools for helping teams understand and implement compliance obligations
- Develop and provide privacy and related trainings in the APAC region to both legal and business teams
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- 7+ years law firm experience at mid to large size law firm and in-house experience
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school
- Qualified to practice in at least one APAC country
- Possess excellent business discernment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Substantive knowledge and demonstrated expertise in APAC privacy and consumer protection laws
- Substantive knowledge of EU data protection framework
- Background in product counseling on privacy and other legal issues, including consumer protection
- Enthusiasm for taking on new responsibilities, even if outside areas of expertise
- Able to learn new areas of the law quickly
- Able to work in very dynamic environment both collaboratively and autonomously
- Flexible and willing to take on new challenges
- Able to travel
- Passionate about Uber!
- Employees are given a number of Uber rides every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top