Senior Counsel – Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
Uber is a game-changing company that allows users to request quality, on-demand car service with a touch of their smartphone. We are in over 460 + cities worldwide, including 11 countries in the MENA Region with future expansion in the works. We are currently searching for a game-changing Senior Counsel, Middle East and North Africa, with expertise in running successful regulatory and policy efforts, as well as transactional and corporate knowledge, in the region as we scale our business across the region and a particular emphasis on the Egyptian market.
You will report directly to the Legal Director for Middle East & North Africa and be based in Dubai. You are expected to be able to work autonomously, adding value to both the legal team and the business within a short amount of time.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with our Legal Director and International Legal Team on regulatory, corporate, litigation, transactional, and policy matters
- Hands-on work in regulatory matters, including researching existing laws and regulations, drafting memos to the business, drafting amendments, and drafting new laws and regulations as they related primarily to the transport and logistics industry
- Research and provide advice on matters affecting both the transport and logistics industries, including payment system, tax, insurance, labor and employment, privacy, and competition law matters
- Provide strategic and proactive legal advice to internal business groups, including commercial and strategic matters
- Effectively manage outside counsel to achieve regulatory and policy objectives across the Uber platform
- Understand, interpret and apply current regulations as applicable to Uber’s business model
WHAT YOU NEED
- 7+ years law firm experience at mid to large size law firm and/or in-house
- Fluency (reading, writing, oral) in Arabic is strongly preferred and French is a plus
- Strong academic credentials (law degree from U.S. or U.K. preferred)
- Strong drafting skills and commercial knowledge
- Substantive knowledge and expertise in regulatory and policy matters
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized and obsessive about details
- Hard working, passionate and looking to embrace the challenge
- Thrive in high impact/high profile situations
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
- Employees are showered with Uber credits
- Ground floor opportunity, and, as an early member of the MENA legal team, you’ll have the opportunity to establish policies and procedures for the company
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities with real impact
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
- The chance to seize an opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top