Senior Counsel, Indonesia
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
What you'll do
- You'll be based in Jakarta and focus on supporting Uber in legal matters for Indonesia and from time to time legal issues affecting other Southeast Asian cities. You will report to a Legal Director based in Singapore with a dotted line to the GM of the Uber Indonesia business and will provide commercial, corporate, regulatory and litigation support to teams in Indonesia and from time to time, wider South East Asia.
- Work collaboratively with our SENA, APAC and global legal team as well as our relevant public policy and communications teams.
- Provide strategic and enthusiastic legal advice to internal business groups.
- Understand, interpret and apply current regulations as applicable to Uber and its partners.
- Ensure legal risk is handled in accordance with Uber's appetite and regulatory framework.
- Negotiate and draft unusual commercial agreements from start to finish with our partners.
- Provide other legal support as may be required to support Uber in Indonesia/ Southeast Asia.
What you are
- A minimum of 10 years of post-admission experience, ideally a split between top law firm training and practice and relevant in-house counsel experience at any dynamic, respected, company. (Feel free to apply with less working life behind you so long as your working experience as an attorney is at least 8 years in duration).
- Strong academic credentials and a law degree from an Indonesian law school. An overseas LLM or other diploma is an added advantage.
- Admitted to the Indonesian bar (PERADI)
- Excellent commercial negotiating and drafting skills with the ability to run projects independently.
- Excellent business discernment and ethics and great communication - including fluency in Indonesian (native) and English (professional/business) - with any competency level in other Asian language(s) an added plus.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- An international outlook and passionate about rapidly growing the scope of your current practice to other areas of law (e.g. technology, transport, logistics, joint ventures).
- Passionate about Uber!
- Note: Uber is not in a position to sponsor foreigners to work in Indonesia into a legal position hence this position is open only to nationals of Indonesia or those with permanent residence status.
- Employees are given a number of Uber rides every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top