Senior Community Operations Specialist - Manila
Uber is a technology company; We make a smartphone app that provides users with an on-demand, private car service that takes them safely and smoothly to where they need to go, in dozens of countries and hundreds of cities around the world – at the push of a button.
On another level, Uber is a technology company obsessed with pushing boundaries to ensure that riders and partner-drivers have an effective platform for easier and safer transportation. Uber is about applying mobile technology, data-driven decision making, and world-class operations teams to solve a massive, offline problem: urban transport.
This is an exciting time as we reshape not only the concept of how a rider gets from point A to B, but also the concept of support. Come join us, and help build one of the fastest growing companies in the world. Be part of the team that develops a new fabric for urban logistics and great customer support.
About the Role
At the core of the Uber business is customer support. Our organization understands that the way we handle the toughest, most challenging rider and partner-driver concerns has direct impact on our business.
This is why Uber is now looking for Senior Community Operations Specialists who will lead rider and partner-driver support efforts on a global scale.
Senior Customer Operations Specialists are all about driving elevated user experience. As a team, we do everything in our power to make Uber unlike any other company out there by means of providing mindblowing support for both riders and partner-drivers. We’re always looking for unique and exciting ways to solve the most challenging problems riders and partners in cities we operate in encounter. Through excellent support, we take dissatisfied riders and turn them into our strongest evangelists; We will always work to have riders ride an Uber again and again. We also empower the livelihoods of our partners; We make sure that we take care of any concerns Uber partners may have so they can get out on the road and move riders around cities.
This role is about taking support to a whole new level, spreading UberLove globally.
What you’ll do:
- Instinctive, innovative and inspirational as a leader. There will be eager team members who will look up to you for guidance on difficult or complex issues. They are inspired by your passion for helping others and your dedication to doing the right thing. You’re first to drive necessary actions to make sure support is not sacrificed at any cost. As a leader, you also utilize analytics and numbers to back up your decisions.
- Takes Ownership. Revolutions aren’t won by paid soldiers; they’re won by true believers in the cause, patriots. When we talk of owners, we are referring to these true believers. Whereas renters are mercenaries, focused on short-term personal gain, owners optimize for long-term outcomes, bridge gaps in organizations, think and act beyond their job description. Uber seeks owners.
- Optimistic Leadership. Optimism is inspiring, and inspiration leads to people joining forces to make the sum greater than the parts. Would you rather work with someone optimistic and inspiring or someone negative? Optimism can lead the world into a vision for progress that is inspirational. A company whose behavior garners trust and respect is imperative if it desires to be a part of that change. Are you that type of leader?
- Passionate and obsessed about growing Uber through excellent support. You will be revolutionizing the concept of support at Uber. You’re excited about tackling head on the most challenging problems and questions from riders and partner-drivers.
- Cool and calm under pressure. Dealing with new and different challenges among a wide range of rider and partner-driver cultures excites you. You have a way to anticipate challenges that come your way and you like finding resolutions, using all resources available to you. You can move quickly with care. You embrace change and can absorb new information during times of pressure without losing composure during exchanges with the user.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding. You are easily adaptable to the emotion and tone of the rider or partner-driver you are dealing with. You are able to identify and resolve their issues quickly while knowing how to shift and adjust your approach with each of them.
- Word and tech savvy. A rider or a partner-driver will appreciate having you on the other end of the line, as you are confident and knowledgeable of the product. This makes you awesome to exchange info with. You’re very comfortable using either written or spoken English to handle user concerns over email, through instant messaging or over a call. You also embrace most, if not all, things tech-related, thus your obsession with our product.
- You are at the forefront of rebuilding Uber to be a brand not only known for its amazing product, but for its awesome customer service. You will deliver only the best customer service for riders and partner-drivers in globally across multiple support platforms: email, live chat/ instant messaging and phone
- You are that charming, natural problem-solver the riders and partner-drivers will love. You understand them and will do your best to reach the resolution needed. You will cause riders to continue riding, and partner-drivers to continue operating on the platform. You will also be the reason that riders and partner-drivers will rave about the brand and will advocate for us to get more people to be users of the app.
- You are ambitious not only for the company and our vision, but also for your career. As you grow within the organization, you proactively share how you think we could improve the way we do things and drive these changes – after all, in Uber, we embrace new ideas and constant change.
- As a lead, you are capable of balancing the requirements of 1) guiding and coaching team members, 2) driving processes and ensuring proper implementation, 3) owning performance and quality metrics, and 4) collecting and presenting data to higher management
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic standing
- At least 3 years work experience with 1 year in a managerial role
- Excellent in both written and spoken English
- Exceptional comprehension and writing skills
- High proficiency with using office tools (e.g., Excel, Word) and can quickly learn to use new software/apps
- Familiarity with e-commerce tools
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to efficiently address the core issues of users
- Passion for creating support experiences that exceed users’ expectations
- Willingness to work in a team environment, contributing to a synergistic work environment where people learn from one another and continuously improve processes on behalf of users
- Willingness to work on different shifts, totalling 40 hours per week, including weekend and weekly evening shifts
- 3-5 years work experience in high-intensity, fast-paced, constantly-changing environments e.g. startups.
- Work experience in other customer-centric industries (ex. Hotels, airlines, F&B, etc.)
- Extensive experience dealing with different markets (countries) and having good understanding of cultural differences
- Familiarity with other analytical tools (ex. SQL)
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
You will be part of a great team. We’re building something awesome that we get to share with the world. You must be ready to get your hands dirty, but also think strategically and bring the voice of Uber to everyone!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top