Senior Business Development Manager - Philippines
Uber is a Series F venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone but we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 400+ cities worldwide, including over 70+ cities in Asia with plans to rapidly expand in the region.
Our technology allows us to move the physical world: We believe that, through innovation and entrepreneurship, we can have a meaningful impact on cities around the world.
Do you want to be part of a team that’s revolutionizing transportation and logistics through technology?
Do you have the business savvy and deal-making experience in South East Asia Region including the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau to help further establish Uber as the leading consumer brand for efficiency, convenience and style across the continent?
About the Role
You’ll have the opportunity to join an ultra-high growth Silicon Valley startup and work at the intersection of business and government to grow partnerships and directly influence the increased usage of the Uber mobile app among hundreds of millions of consumers in the region.
Your responsibilities will include defining key segments to target, driving projects and maintaining the key relationships at senior levels of large institutions.
You will a key driver in securing key partnerships that will enable Uber to:
- Create new partnerships that accelerate growth in Uber riders;
- Increase the supply of transport available on the Uber platform; and
- Establish key relationships that increase Uber’s presence.
You’ll also work closely with the Uber’s operations, policy, communications and product teams in the Region and San Francisco to help evolve Uber’s service and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, and a demonstrated track record of initiating and driving high-value partnerships with the largest and most important institutions across Philippines and/or the region, within business and governmental sectors. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is a must. The candidate is comfortable as an individual contributor / deal lead, as well as a manager that leads his/her team to drive an engagement.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Business team in helping to define the current landscape and drive overall strategy
- Define the Uber partnership roadmap for Philippines and the Region
- Set a strategic business plans for Philippines target markets and ensure it’s in line with the overall Uber strategic direction.
- Execute on Uber’s top partnership opportunities in the Philippines and the region while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. policy, communications, product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Leveraging business development networks and strategically help support policy and corporate development requirements working closely with regional & HQ teams.
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner’s business and use case.
- Lead internal and partner discussions to influence
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption of Uber by riders and transport partners.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company.
Here’s the kind of experience we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 10+ years of business development experience in South East Asia and/or the region. Government relations experience is also highly desired
- Experience with establishing, maintaining and leveraging senior level relationships at partner institutions
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, policy and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Deep experience working with technology companies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong code of ethics and sound business judgment is a must.
- Extraordinary rolodex of senior relationships with leaders across South East & North Asia’s leading companies and government entities
- Understand how to work efficiently and how to influence without exerting direct authority
- Asian languages is preferred
- MBA or JD from top university highly desired
- Prior experience working for a telecommunications, media, technology company, investment banking and or consulting business.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top